Quality results delivered on time
Our unparalleled experience – over 650 trials since 1993 – makes us the first-choice early-phase unit for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Sponsors come to us with large, complex and demanding trials, beyond the capacity of smaller CROs. But all our trials get the same scrupulous attention, whether big or small. Our clinical team has an exceptional reputation for delivering quality results on schedule. You'll have access to expert physicians and clinical project managers who are intimately involved in every aspect of your trials.
HMR at a glance
One of the largest early-phase units in Europe (145 beds) offering full service for phase 1 and early phase 2 studies, from design to report, with over 20 years' experience of delivering high-quality results safely and on time.
- Specialists in first-in-man studies, and excellent track record in:
- Japanese bridging studies (12 bilingual nurses and graduates)
- ascending dose studies
- ADME and 'light label' studies.
- PET and MRI studies (in collaboration with Imanova, Hammersmith Hospital)
- 'umbrella' protocols
- bioequivalence and bioavailability studies
- evaluation of biosimilars and 'biobetters'
- drug interaction studies
- thorough QT studies
- pharmacodynamic markers
- recruiting special populations of healthy volunteers (eg elderly, postmenopausal, surgically sterilised, smokers, obese, genetic polymorphisms, alcohol-dependent) and specific patient populations (eg asthma, hayfever, migraine)
- Facilities for specialist studies, eg respiratory function, sleep studies, endoscopy, radiolabelled studies, biomarkers, and audiometry
- First class on-site support services:
- licensed GMP pharmacy, including aseptic unit and aseptic radiopharmacy
- accredited central laboratory
- experienced data management and statistics team
- First UK CRO to get a Manufacturer's Authorisation for Investigational Medicinal Products and MHRA Phase 1 Accreditation.
- Pioneers of The Overvolunteering Prevention Service, now adopted by the UK Health Research Authority.
Why choose HMR?
You'll benefit from our long experience of early-phase clinical research and the UK's supportive regulatory environment. Our dedicated study team will deliver:
- proven track record in delivery of high-quality studies
- rapid study set-up and optimised timelines
- intelligent design of protocol and regulatory package, to maximise efficiency
- ethically approved panel screening to shorten timelines
- fully coordinated service, with all functions communicating freely under the same roof
- 'flexibility by design', minimising the need for amendments
- agile response to changes in the study plan
- expert advice on study design, conduct, regulations and analysis
- high standards of science and medicine
- open communication with our friendly staff
- dedicated, knowledgeable clinical project manager to keep you updated, give advice and answer your queries
- access to your principal investigator and our other in-house experts whenever you need it
To send an enquiry, or request free advice on your early phase study, click here.
05 March 2015
HMR has new Medical Director
05 March 2014
A successful GMP inspection by the MHRA
03 December 2013
HMR selected as one of 1000 companies to inspire Britain
27 September 2013
HMR achieves a perfect GCP inspection
26 July 2013
French companies can claim additional tax relief on work done by HMR