Skin conditions, such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and acne, are some of the most common reasons why patients seek medical advice. Currently, treatment is often lacking, short-lasting, or ineffective, and pharmaceutical companies are continually striving to create better medicines for patients.
HMR has successfully conducted trials in patients with psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, or acne, and in women with ‘stretch marks’. We recruited all participants via advertising in local newspapers, our website, or word of mouth.
HMR has expertise in a wide variety of dermatological procedures, including
- intradermal drug delivery
- punch biopsy (4 or 6 mm) and suture
- sample preparation and fixation
- skin elasticity assessments using a dermal torque meter
- 3D skin photography
- Transdermal bioavailability
- Cutaneous irritancy and sensitisation
- Pharmacokinetics in extracellular fluid and skin
- Penile sensitivity
- Histamine, 5-HT or substance P intradermal tests
- UV erythema challenge tests
- Allergen tests
Close collaboration with our trial sponsors, as well as with external experts, leads to the high quality data that regulators demand.