Our comprehensive Statistics and Data Management service has contributed to a pioneering, improved, bowel cancer...Read more
Facilities and services
- We specialise in early clinical trials of study drugs for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide.
- Founded in 1993, HMR is now the biggest CRO of its kind in the UK and one of the biggest in Europe.
- We have 270 staff, including a resident 24/7 resuscitation team, extensive purpose-built facilities, 145 beds, and on-site pharmacy, radiopharmacy, and laboratory.
- We can provide a full service from design to clinical study report, all in one building in London, UK.
- Our level of service and commitment is the same for all companies, regardless of size.
- HMR has: MHRA Phase 1 Accreditation for FIH trials; Manufacturing and Import Licence for study drugs [MIA(IMP)]; Home Office licence for all controlled drug substances; and Environment Agency licence for trials of radiolabelled study drugs.
- Our Quality System is compliant with ISO 9001, our Laboratory with ISO 17025, and our Information Security Management System with ISO 27001.
- We’ve won three Queen’s Awards for Exports or Enterprise, the most prestigious of UK business awards.
- We have completed >900 trials for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies from 23 countries worldwide, including all 15 major companies by revenue, and >200 small-to-medium sized or virtual companies.
- We can do almost all types of trial, from simple bioequivalent to complex trials, such as endoscopy, sleep, radiopharmacy, bridging, QTc, and PET, fMRI or CT imaging.
- Many of our trials are first-in-human (FIH) and proof-of-concept in design and range from small to large and complex trials with adaptive protocol and several parts.
- Most of the study drugs are small molecules, but we also do many trials of biological products, such as recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, and small interfering RNA molecules.
- Most of our trials are in healthy subjects, but many include patients with the target disease; some trials involve only patients.
- We have a large database of healthy subjects of all ages and ethnicities, and many types of patient.
- We collaborate with London universities, hospitals, and general practices for trials requiring patients.
Why choose HMR?
- We don’t have a business development team. We rely solely on reputation, recommendations, record, and repeat business, a unique testament to the quality of our services.
- The UK is a good place to do clinical trials: the regulatory system is rigorous, efficient, and supportive of clinical pharmacology and sponsors and can help sponsors to plan their FIH trials.
- The MHRA and FDA inspectors have never reported any important GCP or GMP findings.
- Our pharmacy prepares and QP releases all types of dose. Our laboratory provides rapid turnaround of safety samples, and a wide range of biomarkers, such as flow cytometry, cytokine, coagulation, platelet aggregation, and PCR tests.
- We developed TOPS, a database to register participants in UK phase 1 trials; use is now mandatory for regulatory approval of phase 1 trials.
- We PCR test all subjects for SARS-Cov-2, and admit only negative subjects. We PCR test all front-line staff regularly. So far we’ve kept the virus out of our trials.
- Together with sponsors, we publish results of our trials in peer-reviewed journals.